Kansas State student wins national college fishing title
- Kansas State University student Ryan Patterson won the 2012 National Guard FLW College Fishing National Championship in South Carolina. Collegefishing.com describes his solo run to the title.
- The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism launched a new voluntary online turkey registration program to help speed the information gathering process for turkey hunters.
- KDWPT also announced Kansas will take part in the Go Fishing For Millions program. Tagged fish will be released in Kansas lakes to be announced May 5.
- Steve Hickoff of Outdoor Life examines the dilemma of shooting a jake versus not filling a turkey tag.
- African Safari hunts stirred controversy lately with both the Trump brothers and the King of Spain’s Juan Carlos under fire. Gayne C. Young of Outdoor Life examines the issue.